Club Website is registered under the Data Protection Act 1998 under registration number Z9368423. The information you provide is safeguarded under the terms of that Act. To find out more information about the data protection act please visit http://www.informationcommissioner.gov.uk
- Security and storage of your personal information;
- What information Club Website may collect about you;
- When Club Website may use your details to contact you;
- Whether Club Website will disclose your details to anyone else;
- Your choices regarding the personal information you provide to us;
Security and storage of your personal information
The Internet is not a 100% secure medium for communication and, accordingly, Club Website cannot guarantee the security of any information you send to Club Website via the Internet. Club Website is not responsible for any loss or damage you or others may suffer as a result of the loss of confidentiality of such information.
Club Website is committed to protecting the security of your personal information. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. For example, Club Website store the personal information you provide on computer systems with limited access, which are located in controlled facilities.
What information will Club Website collect about me?
When you participate in, access or sign up to any of the Club Website's services, activities or content, such as newsletters, competitions, message boards or telephone us, Club Website may receive personal information about you. This can include such information as your name, email address, postal address, telephone and/or mobile number and date of birth.
By submitting your details, you enable Club Website (and where applicable our contractors) to provide you with the services, activities or online content you select.
Club Website also collects demographic information about you in order to identify additional areas of benefit to your Football Association, County FA, League or Club.
If you are aged 16 or under, please get your parent/guardian's permission before you provide any personal information to Club Website. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
How will Club Website use the information it collects about me?
Club Website will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
- to provide our services, activities or online content and to deal with your requests and enquiries;
- for "service administration purposes", which means that Club Website may contact you for reasons related to the service, activity or online content you have signed up for (e.g. to provide you with password reminders or to notify you that a particular service, activity or online content has been suspended for maintenance);
- to provide you with information about our services, activities or online content;
- to personalise the way Club Website's content is presented to you;
- to use IP addresses to identify the location of users and to block disruptive use;
- to analyse and improve the services offered by Club Website;
- to provide you with the most user-friendly navigation experience. Club Website may also use and disclose information in aggregate (so that no individuals are identified) for marketing and strategic development purposes;
- to send you information we think you would be interested in, about other products and services, from Club Website, or on behalf of other third parties, by, email, sms, voice, post or other appropriate means.
Where Club Website proposes using your personal information for any other purpose, apart from the above uses, we will ensure that they notify you first. You will also be given the opportunity to withhold or withdraw your consent for the use of your personal information for purposes other than those listed above.
When will Club Website use my details to contact me?
Club Website may contact you:
- in relation to any Club Website service, activity or online content you have signed up for in order to ensure that we can deliver the services to you;
- in relation to any correspondence Club Website receive from you or any comment or complaint you make about Club Website's products or services;
- in relation to any contribution you have submitted to Club Website, e.g. on Club Website message boards, newsletters or via text or voicemail message;
- to invite you to participate in surveys about Club Websites services (participation is always voluntary); and
- for marketing purposes (as stated above in "How will Club Website use the information it collects about me?")
Additionally, if you post or send offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content anywhere on, or to, Club Website or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on any Club Website service, Club Website may use your personal information to stop such behaviour.
Where Club Website reasonably believes that you are or may be in breach of any applicable laws (e.g. because content you have posted may be defamatory), Club Website may use your personal information to inform relevant third parties such as your employer, school email/Internet provider or law enforcement agencies about the content and your behaviour.
Will Club Website share my personal information with anyone else?
Club Website will keep your information confidential except where disclosure is required or permitted by law. Generally, we will only use your information within Club Website. However, sometimes Club Website uses third parties to process your information on our behalf. Club Website requires these third parties to comply strictly with its instructions and Club Website requires that they do not use your personal information for their own business purposes, unless you have explicitly consented to the use of your personal information in this way.
Managing your personal information
You may at any time amend or update your data by contacting Club Website or your administrator.
You are entitled to see the information held about you and you may ask us to make any necessary changes to ensure that it is accurate and kept up to date. If you wish to do this, please contact us.
Club Website is entitled by law to charge a maximum fee of £10 to meet the costs in providing you with details of the information they hold about you.
Cookies Policy - Information Club Website collects from you
- What is a cookie?
- A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes a unique identifier that is sent to your computer, tablet or mobile phone (referred to here as a "device") browser from a website's computer and is stored on your device's hard drive. Each website can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser's preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits a website to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other websites. Many websites do this whenever a user visits their website in order to track online traffic flows.
- The functionality of Club Website depends upon your browser accepting session cookies. Club Website tracks visitors to, and on, the Club Website site by using referrer tracking. Club Website uses click thru and open mail tracking when sending emails. This process allows Club Website and its clients the ability to profile the recipients of their communications.
- Third Party Cookies in embedded content on Club Website pages
- Please note that during your visits to Club Website you may notice some cookies that are not related to Club Website. When you visit a page with content embedded from, for example, Facebook or YouTube, you may be presented with cookies from these websites. Club Website does not control the dissemination of these cookies. You should check the third party websites for more information about these.
- Club Website cookies and how to reject cookies?
- If you wish to control what cookies are set on your device through Club Website then you can find out how to do this in Club Website's Cookies Policy. It is important to note that if you change your settings and block certain cookies, this means that certain personalised features cannot then be provided and accordingly you may not be able to take full advantage of all of Club Website's features.
Club Website general disclosure of personal information
The data that you provide to Club Website is held in a central database and this database. The information you provide may be used by Club Website, and on behalf of clients and third parties, to provide you with information and offers that we think will be of interest to you by post, SMS, e-mail or any other appropriate means.
Club Website may from time to time use third party suppliers to provide all or part of a service to you. Club Website shall only be entitled to supply personal information as is necessary to enable third party suppliers to provide the relevant service to you. These third parties comply strictly with our instructions and Club Website requires that they do not use your personal information for their own business purposes.
Except as provided above, Club Website will not provide your personal information to any third party without your prior consent.
However, under certain circumstances the force of law may require the provision of information to the legal authorities. In order to maintain the integrity of its website and safeguard the interests of its subscribers Club Website will comply with any such legally binding request.
Club Website Ltd.
Barley Mow Centre
10 Barley Mow Passage
Last updated: May 20, 2012