PLEASE NOTE SOCCER SCHOOL IS NOW BEING HELD ON THE 3G ASTRO TURF AT KING CHARLES SCHOOL ( UPPER SITE ) SUNDAY MORNINGS 10AM -11.30AM
ANY QUERIES PLEASE CONTACT SUE OLIVER ON 07767 424733 OR PHIL TIMMS ON 07989 503496 EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Age Range Lions Junior Soccer Coaching is open to new entrants (boys and girls) of all abilities from 4 years to 7 years of age. Once with the Juniors, children may continue training until the end of School Year 4 (9 years old). Unfortunately we do not have the resources to accommodate children beyond this age.
• Location From late September through till the end of March the Lions Junior Soccer Coaching is held at our home gorund location at Chester Road Cricket Ground, Kidderminster, then from April through till late September at King Charles I school ( upper site )
A summer break is held from mid July until the end of August.
• Cost The childs first week is free, after that we charge £2 a week. There is no registration fee and you pay only the weeks that your child attends. All money raised is invested back into the Kidderminster Lions Football Club funds for equipment, pitch hire, coaching courses etc. All of the coaches are volunteers and receive no payment for their time and effort.
• Objectives The aims of the Lions Junior Soccer Coaching are twofold :- 1. To encourage a child to enjoy the game and develop their footballing skills. All training is conducted under the supervision of coaches with a minimum of FA Level 1 Coaching Award.
2. To annually develop a squad of 18-20 players to a level that they may competently represent the Lions in league football.
Each September the Lions aim to enter 2 teams into the local league. By attending soccer school there is no guarantee that your child will be selected for these teams and, likewise, there is no pressure to join the teams if selected. Children who are not selected to join the teams are welcome to continue training at soccer school until the end of school year 4.
• Child Protection As stated above all training is conducted under the supervision of coaches qualified to a minimum of FA Level 1. Included in this qualification are modules covering both child protection and emergency first aid. All coaches have also been cleared by the Criminal Records Bureau.