Welcome to Club Website

Sign up for a 'free' member account:

  • Follow teams, leagues and players
  • Get news, alerts and match updates
  • View latest league tables, fixtures and results
  • Personalise your account settings

Find out more

To find our more, why not watch our video »

Member Login

Lost your password?

Not a member yet? Sign Up!

Help & FAQ

Go here to learn more about your site, view video tutorials and find answers to frequently asked questions.

Priory Parkside Colts Football Club



Website last updated: 11 Feb, 2014 @ 15:57

Match Report

Hunts Cup 2nd Round -


Sun 14 Nov 2010




AET. 3 - 3 at full time

Priory Parkside U17 Black

Ben Gibbins (1)

Jamie Bottomley (1)

Lee Adams (1)

Own goals (1)

Priory travelled to play Hampton who are top of The Peterborough Junior Alliance League division 2 in the second round of the Hunts Cup.
For a change Priory actually started the match brightly and dominated possession for the first 10 minutes but didn’t have anything to show for their domination. As Hampton finally got a little possession Priory hit them on the counter attack when James Thomas charged through a couple of challenges before passing the ball to Lee Adams who hit a lovely dipping shot from outside the penalty area giving the Hampton keeper no chance. Within a couple of minutes Priory doubled their lead, Ben Gibbins collected the ball and played a glorious cross field ball which cut the Hampton defence in half allowing Jamie Bottomley to race clear of his marker and shot passed the advancing keeper. Hampton found away back in the match when a move saw them advance down the centre of the pitch and score. On the verge of halftime Hampton snatched an equaliser when a long range shot hit the bottom of the post and gently rolled in.
The second half saw Priory really dominate the match and for long periods of play the match was played entirely in the Hampton half but for all of this possession they only had one goal to show for it when Jack Brebner miss hit a long range shot which thankfully found it’s way to Ben Gibbins who calmly stroked the ball into the net via the post. Hampton sent the match into extra time when they scored with a header from the last kick of normal time.
The first half of extra time passed without major incident but the second half of extra time saw Priory have a lucky escape when centre back Ollie Atkinson who was positioned on the edge of the penalty area got his head to a long range shot and deflected it passed Tommo in the Priory goal and the ball seemed destined to end up in the Priory net but the last bounce on the heavy ground saw it deviate in direction and hit the post and roll away to safety. With time running out Nathan Arnold burst forward exchanging a one –two with Ben Gibbins and his cross from near the bye-line was hacked into his own net by an unlucky Hampton defender who was put under immense pressure from Lee Adams.
Priory now advance in the quarter finals winning 4-3 after extra time. Some of the passing and keeping the ball for long periods of play was impressive.

Starting line up

  • 11

    Tom Newton

    Match rating: 0

  • 15

    Nathan Arnold

    Match rating: 0

  • 5

    Callum Leach

    Match rating: 0

  • 8

    Tom Baxter

    Match rating: 0

  • 2

    Ollie Atkinson

    Match rating: 0

  • 4

    Kaine O'Connor

    Match rating: 0

  • 1

    Dan Baker

    Match rating: 0

  • 7

    James Thomas

    Match rating: 0

  • 9

    Lee Adams

    Match rating: 0

  • 10

    Ben Gibbins

    Match rating: 0

  • 3

    Jamie Bottomley

    Match rating: 0


  • 12

    Bradley Winfield

    Match rating: 0

  • 17

    Matt Jenner

    Match rating: 0

  • 6

    Jack Brebner

    Match rating: 0

  • 16

    Jake Trainell

    Match rating: 0

Get directions:
    No information available.
No information available.