The club was formed in 1946 in the post-Second World War football boom, as many in the area felt it wrong that the area which held the English National Stadium didn't have its own football team. As a result of their efforts, the club took the motto "A Posse Ad Esse" ("From Possibility To Reality").
They play at Vale Farm, Watford Road, Wembley (capacity 2,000) in red and white and are nicknamed "The Lions".
They were one of the founder members of the Delphian League in 1951. In 1956, they achieved second place in the league and joined the Corinthian League the following season (1956-57).
In the 2005-06 season they played in the Isthmian League Division Two but as a result of the restructuring of non-league football they were moved sideways into the Combined Counties League Premier Division
Full name Wembley Football Club Nickname(s) The Lions Founded 1946 Ground Vale Farm (Capacity: 2,000) Chairman Brian Gumm Manager Ian Bates League Combined Counties League Premier Division 2006-07 3rd 2007-08 14th 2008-09 17th 2009-10 15th 2010-11 14th